The ducts in your home are responsible for bringing you the conditioned air you need to stay comfortable throughout the year. Ductwork should always help your air, not harm it. But ducts can hurt your air quality if they gather too much dust, dirt, or biological contaminants like mold. To eliminate these problems and keep the air quality in your home healthy, you will need to schedule duct cleaning in Athens, GA.
Henson Mechanical Inc can take care of your duct cleaning service. We take great pride in our services to provide you with the best indoor air quality.
When you should consider duct cleaning:
- A drop in your HVAC system’s efficiency: If your heater or air conditioner begins to struggle providing you with the comfort you expect, or you notice an unexplained increase in your power bills, then you should investigate if the ducts are responsible for the issue. Although there may be other reasons (mechanical failures in the HVAC system), you should contact an expert who will determine if duct cleaning will solve your problem.
- Vermin infestation: If you have recently had to deal with rats, mice, or other pests getting inside your ductwork, it’s advisable to schedule extensive duct cleaning to eliminate any hazardous material they may have left behind.
- Unusual smells from the vents: A build-up of dust or other debris, as well as bacterial growth, can cause odd and unpleasant smells from the vents. Any out of the ordinary smell might be a warning sign that you should have professional duct cleaning.
- Trouble with dust in your home: If you discover a large amount of dust in your house that keeps coming back despite extensive cleaning, then it may be that the ducts and blowing dust into your home and you need to have them cleaned out.
- Once a year: Regardless of any other conditions that might indicate you need duct cleaning, you should schedule it a minimum of once per year. A year is plenty of time for dust to begin to build up inside the sealed environment of ducts. Regular cleaning will prevent other problems from developing and will give you an assurance that the ducts are not damaging the quality of your air.
Hire duct cleaning specialists
Your ductwork is difficult to access unless you have the tools of a professional. This isn’t a job for a broom or a rag with household cleaner on it. Duct cleaning experts use specialized power vacuums, rotary brushes, and sanitizers to get deep inside your ducts and dislodged the dirt and debris that are often ground into their surfaces. And they can do it all without causing expensive damage to your ductwork.
Make sure that dirty ducts aren’t damaging your air quality or your heating and cooling systems. If you suspect you need duct cleaning in Athens, GA, contact Henson Mechanical Inc today.